Thursday, December 23, 2010

All About Me... In 30 Days! Day 28

all about me
Day 28 - your hopes, dreams, plans for the next 365 days...

I hadn't really thought about my resolutions for the next year yet. But, since we're on the topic...

  • My hopes: That I will remember to be present in every moment with my little man. Whether he is just flipping through a book or trying to climb on me or even if he is shrieking in my general direction. My hope is that I am actively there with him in those moments. I know that it is impossible to be there every second of every day (because mommy does need a potty break, or a moment for coffee or food or just a breather for some silence). But my greatest hope is that I will be there to play with him, talk to him, listen to him and watch him grow. The first year has gone by so quickly and I know that the following years will fly by just as fast, so I want to cherish the time I have with my little man. The same applies to my hubby, especially since he travels for work. When he is home, I hope that I remember to take advantage of the time that we get together and to be thankful of the time we do get to spend together.
  • My dreams: That hubby and I will continue to dream up future vacations! Traveling is so important to me andI want to continue to dream up new adventures with him. Whether we are discovering something new to do that is local to where we live or if we are dreaming up our next vacation plans, I never want those dreams to stop. My dream for this next year is that we will work on plans for our next big vacation to Europe. I want to go with hubby and my family again and I really, really, really want to take little man! Our last trip with our family before hubby and I had little man was such an amazing vacation and I want our little man to see new countries and cities, experience other cultures and foods, to have his cheeks pinched by Italian "mamas" that we don't know, to try gelato, to play on the lawn in front of the Eiffel Tower, to see the soft, brown Swiss cows with their big bells around their neck and whatever other mischief and adventure he might run headlong into. My dreams have always included traveling and I loved including my hubby in those dreams and now I can't wait to share those dreams with our little man.
  • My plans: That hubby and I will continue and maybe even finish our home improvement projects! We have painted every room in the house except the office and my plan is to have that room painted in the next year! My plan is also to tackle our yard and get some new plant is the ground and (keeping my fingers crossed) a retaining wall in! My plan is to get pictures of our family printed and hung in our stairway, to get large prints made from our last trip to Europe and get them hung in the living room and guest room. I would also like to get back into the swing of couponing more diligently to help cut back on our monthly expenses. Ooooh, I have so many plans that I could make my head spin with all of the things I want to accomplish. One things at a time though and I am sure that I will get more things checked off my list that I even thought I could. Even looking back at this year, I am impressed by the things that hubby and I have done!

But, as it is quoted, "The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray..." So, I will do my best and remember to always have a back-up plan and a deep breath and a smile for when things don't go quite as expected. Whatever the next year brings our family, I am excited for it and am so blessed that I get to have another year full of adventures, surprises, love and fun with my hubby and little man.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment