Saturday, November 3, 2012

My Pregnancy Journal: 36 Weeks

 
Happenings of the Harper Household

I've been linking up with the “My Pregnancy Journal” meme over at Happenings of the Harper Household. She has since had her little girl (Yay!), but I still wanted to continue to keep a pregnancy journal. I'm excited to keep  sharing and journaling some of my weekly symptoms and photographing my growing belly!

  36 Weeks!
 
Why yes, I did swallow a watermelon seed about 8 months ago! Haha! ;) So, supposedly, at 36 weeks, our baby still weighs approximately 4.2 pounds to 5.8 pounds and measures about 17.2 to 18.7 inches. Hmmm... I have the feeling he may be a bit bigger than that. Little man was born at 38 weeks and was 7lbs 14oz. At 36 weeks, our little guy is getting closer to being able to breathe on his own, his liver and kidneys are working and his skin is smoothing out. Also, our little guy's circulation and immune systems are just about ready for life on the outside. 
 
 
 About me & baby boy this week….
Symptoms:  I have been having a return of my 1st trimester friend- nausea. Blech! I have been getting nauseous in the mornings and evenings. It doesn't seem to matter if I eat a lot or not, it seems to find me either way. Tea and eating something simple like a banana seem to help. I didn't experience this at all with little man, so this was a surprise. Frequent trips to the bathroom are still my norm, which definitely affects my ability to sleep at night. On a positive not, going to the chiropractor has really helped! The days that I went to the chiropractor, I slept so much better at night. Oh and I have a flat belly button too! It does look like it might head into the "outie" direction soon! 
 
Weight Gain: I am up to 162.1lbs - adding 37.1lbs onto my starting weight!  

Cravings: Not really any strong cravings. 

Food Aversions: No food aversions either.
What made me cry this week:  I think I did pretty good this week! :) We had a fun week!

 
Medical Stuff: We went back to the midwife this week. I really like going every week! I did get the results of my GBS test, which were positive. Bummer. *sigh* I was pretty disappointed, since all of my other test results were so good and healthy. But, there was a silver lining. I can continue to take the vitamin C and zinc supplements and use a cleansing wash. Then, if I test negative for GBS 2 times before our little guy's birth, I don't have to have the IV antibiotics. If I still test positive, then I will be taking the IV antibiotics, but I'll only need a 20 min IV drip every 4-6 hours. So, I'll only need a port for the IV and I'll still have the freedom to move around and get in the tub. So, I was feeling a bit down about that, but I'm glad that there are still options and that I'll have the freedom to move around. I also am starting to take Evening Primrose Oil 3x a day, which is supposed to soften the cervix.   

Thoughts from little man:  Little man was so cute this week, he was talking about how his little brother is going to be his little friend when he is born! So sweet! He has also been talking about bellies and babies a lot- everyone with a belly must be having a baby! He will pat his belly and say that there's a baby in there or claim that there is a baby in daddy's belly. Haha! I love it!

Something I am excited about: We're all done with our Bradley method classes, which I really enjoyed! I am also looking forward to my weekly visits with the midwives. Then there is the baby's nursery...that we still need to work on! Oh my! Sometimes I don't think we will get it all done, but I am excited to work on it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment