Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mama's and soon-to-be-mama's out there! I hope that you all enjoyed a wonderful day with the one's you love. 

I had a lovely Mothers Day...I got to sleep in!!! Yay! I love sleep! Dear hubby brought me coffee in bed with little man right on his heals exclaiming, "MAMA! Mama! MAMA!" They sure know how to make a mama smile! Little man "got me a card" which he also "signed" and decorated with little scribbles! 

This is my second mother's day with little man on the "outside" and I just adore being little man's mama! I love his hugs and wet, slobbery kisses, the way he runs and how his cheeks jiggle when he really gets going, the way he puts one hand up and asks for "elp" at the playground when he needs help getting up or down, the way he loves to be sung to, the way that the most random thing can make him laugh and sometimes, if I get it just right I can get a full body belly laugh followed by a snort, I love that he wants me to hold him and carry him and read to him and play with him and chase him... I love that he loves me with his whole heart. It makes my heart so full of joy and I am so blessed to be his mommy.
Just after being born!

Today was such a fun, family day, complete with a trip to the park for some fun on the swings, the slide and running about in the fresh air. Then, in the evening we got to skype with my mom and dad (aka...Gramma and Grampa!) and little man was just tickled that he got to see them!
 This is a picture of my Great-Grandma (Omi) and my mom, me (in the plaid pants...lol) and my little brother!
...and this is my mom and I now! :)

Happy Mother's Day! 
 
 



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures - I hope you had a wonderful mothers day! The joy in your eyes in the first one is so clear!
    Following back from Bee Friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you back from Friday Follow - sorry I'm late - great pictures - Happy Mother's Day..

    I've Become My Mother
    Kelly's Ideas
    Amazing Salvation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I love the newborn picture!

    I just found your blog through one of the blog hops. Have a great week!

    Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm assuming that you're German, since you call your Grandma "Omi"? Ironically, my grandmother on my mom's Irish side's name was Naomi, and she went by Omi to everyone. :)

    New follower from the blog hop!
    ~K
    bigklittlea.com

    ReplyDelete