Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Flats Fold Tutorial - Day 6 #FlatsChallenge


I'm participating in this years Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry and today is an open topic day.

Over the past few days, I have gotten pretty comfortable with the same folds and have used them over and over. I have been using the Origami Fold, the Jo Fold and the Pad Fold. These few folds have become like clockwork to me. Before the challenge is over though, I really wanted to try something new. So, today I practiced with the Diaperbag Fold!


Diaperbag Fold Tutorial:

1. Spread your flat out.
2. Fold in the sides toward the middle.
3. Take the front and fold it up toward the middle.
4. Take one side by the corner and fold it toward the middle.
5. Take the other side and fold it toward the middle and overlap it onto your previous fold.
6. Fan out the back.
7. Fold down the back.
8. Take the front and fold it up.
9. Cross the tabs over and it's ready and waiting to go on your baby! You can either use Snappi's, a Boingo or pins to secure it.


Here's the Diaperbag Fold on little Riley!

He looks like a little Sumo Wrestler! Hehe :)

So far, I am really liking this fold. It still takes me a little to get it just right. I do like that I can "pre-fold" it and have it ready to go. It is a pretty absorbent fold too and is a nice, snug fit around little Riley's leg.

*I originally learned about this fold on Dirty Diaper Laundry*

Do you have a favorite flat fold? Anything new you've tried during the Flats and Handwashing Challenge?

2 comments: