Monday, June 14, 2010

Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Review

 I am a member of BzzAgent and a little while back I was sent an Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless kit to try out and review. It included:

  • Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer
  • Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Corrector
  • Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Foundation
  • Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush
Covergirl teamed up with Olay to add their Regenerist serum to the Covergirl makeup, creating the Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless makeup line. This was created to be an anti-aging makeup that would help restore evenness to your skin's texture and tone. The makeup is created to "suspend over" fine lines for a look that is both younger and smoother.

The Eye Concealer is designed to hide those pesky under eye dark circles and brighten the eye area. The Corrector is also used to aid in getting rid of some severe dark circles (although I also used it to conceal blemishes). The Foundation is what is smoothed over to give you that even and youthful look as it is suspended over any wrinkles that you may have. Then the Sculpting Blush is supposed to accentuate you cheeks and give you that naturally glowing look.

Sounds like magic, huh?  So, I put it to the test and now that you've read about what they say it does, here's what I have to say about what it did for my skin. Well, first off, I thought, hey, I'm a twenty-mumble, mumble, mumble year old! I don't need makeup that makes me look younger! But, then I was reminded of some of the not so kind things people have commented at me since having my son. Things like, "Wow, you look really tired!" Uh, yeah, I think I got a total of four hours of sleep last night. Or, "Those are some big bags under your eyes!" Well, yes, actually, my son uses them as mini punching bags. Sometimes I wonder if people think before they speak. One of my favorites was at a family gathering around New Years. I had had my son near Thanksgiving and all of our family visited us for the holidays to see our new little munchkin. So, at the New Years get together, I had someone tell me how much better I was looking, because, "Wow, at Thanksgiving you looked like you were trying really hard to stay awake and your face looked so tired." I love my family. What can I say...

So, I rethought the need for makeup that would help me look younger. First I tacked those under-eye circles. I have to say the Eye Concealer is my favorite! After putting it on, I felt like my under eye area looked smoother (those eye smile lines seemed to melt away) and it did seem a little brighter. When I have had a particularly sleepless night and I even scare myself in the morning, I add a little Corrector. The Corrector is nice to have for concealing my many blemishes. Shouldn't I be over breaking out by now? But I wouldn't say that it was amazing or the most spectacular concealer that I've ever used. It's good, but not great. The Foundation went on much more lightly that I thought it would. I have pretty oily skin... ok, very oily skin. I thought for sure that the Olay Simply Ageless part would just make my face look oilier. I was suprised though, it seemed to glide on easily, it blended well (I hate having those lines around my chin) and it did seem to make my face look smooth and natural- almost like I was bearly wearing makeup at all. I also like that it has SPF 22 in the Foundation, because I know I should put on sunscreen every day, but honestly, I rarely do. Living in Southern California though, I need it! The Foundation lasts pretty well on my skin throughout the day, it's not a foundation that's still goin' strong at the end of the day, but I still look like I have some makeup still on. One thing that is nice is that I feel like I can just put the foundation on and head out the door if I'm in a really big hurry and I don't have to worry about spilling it, since it's not liquid. Ok, so now onto the Sculpting Blush. When I first saw the color, Royal Plum, I thought that it was too dark for my skin tone and I was going to look like a clown! Well, it took a little practice, but I was amazed at how well it seemlessly blended! It wasn't dark at all either, it actually does have a very natural glow to it. I don't always put it on perfectly, I've never really been into blush, but I'm learning and I do like it a lot better than I thought I would.
So, I hope my little....errr.. I mean long review gave you a good idea of what this makeup can actually do for you. I really like it and I was impressed by how it actually looked natural on me and made my under-eye area look much better. In fact, I haven't had any "helpful comments" by anyone since I've started using this makeup! Oh yeah! My favorite thing though is that I feel good about myself when I am wearing makeup and I think it helps me feel a little more confident and "put together" and like, "I am a mom wearing makeup, I can tackle anything! ...Wait! ...No! Don't throw up on my new shirt! Oh well, at least I'm wearing makeup, right?
So, did I like this the line of Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless makeup that was sent to me?
YES!
Would I buy this makeup in the future when I am all out?
Definitely the Eye Concealer and probably the Foundation (maybe even the blush if I get a little bit better at applying it).

I was given some coupons along with the makeup that I was sent. They are for $2 off one Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless product. They expire on 6/30/2010, If you would like me to mail you one, simply put your email address in a comment below and I will email you for your address and mail it to you. So, I guess it's kinda a giveaway, a coupon giveaway!

1 comment: