Monday, October 1, 2012

Nursery Inspiration

One of the things I think is exciting about preparing for a new baby bundle is decorating the nursery! I know our little one will be sleeping in our room for awhile, but it is just so fun to decorate and create a little nest!

I have been creating a Nursery board on Pinterest for, oh....forever! So, I wanted to share some of the ideas I've been thinking about using in our little boys room!

We are decorating our little guys room in yellow, gray and white!

 I love this fabric from Cloud 9 and it was the inspiration for the shades of yellow and gray in the room!

The fabric is organic too!

 These are two of my favorite prints/quotes for our little guys room!

 I feel like with both little man and our new little baby boy, that there were quotes and bible verses that just seemed like they "fit" our boys before they were even born. For little man, I loved the Winnie the Pooh quote, "Always Remember You Are Braver Than You Believe, Stronger Than You Seem, And Smarter Than You Think" and Psalm 139: 13-14, "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful..." For our new little guy, I really love the two quotes above and Jeremiah 1:5, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart..." I really like having specific quotes for them and it feels really special - as if somehow they are just right for their lives. 

Here is some more ideas that I have "pinned" for decorations:
 
Credit: Chic.Home.Baby
 I just love this room! The gray dresser, the frames on the wall, the lamp, the pillow!
Credit: Project Nursery
 I know that this is for a girls room... but the frame arrangement over the crib is great! I really like a mix of frame styles and a "random" layout.

Credit: Cape 27
The bookcase/changing table is awesome - it is from Ikea with some modifications! I had no idea that you could add drawers to the bookshelves! Will wonders never cease! I love Pinterest and that so many people share their genius ideas. The combo of drawers and shelf space is just perfect and the frames with fabric inside them are a great idea too!

Credit: Sarah Ortega
 Yarn wrapped letters! Such a good idea!

Credit: Land of Nod
Awesome lamp... completely ridiculous price.

Credit: Design Dazzle
I really like the handmade baby mobile!

So, there you have it! Some of my favorite "pins" and where some of my inspiration has come from! If you would like to see more ideas that I have for the nursery, you can check out my Nursery Pinterest Board! I will definitely be sharing the "Big Reveal" of our new nursery... once it is done. :)

4 comments: