Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ju-Ju Monkey Review from The Flats and Handwashing Challenge!

 
  
During the Flats and Handwashing Challenge, I was very lucky to have some amazing sponsors. One wonderful sponsor was Ju-Ju Monkey, who sent me two Hemp Babies Flat Weeds Diapers and a Hemp Babies Bigger Weeds Diaper to help me with the Flats and Handwashing Challenge!

Ju-Ju Monkey Inc. is an online baby boutique that offers cloth diapers and cloth diapering accessories as well as many other natural items for moms and their little ones.  Ju-Ju Monkey carries many brands that are well known and they also continue to branch out, offering new and noteworthy brands for their customers.  Ju-Ju Monkey works hard to provide their customers with a variety of products that are "green" and made in the USA. Ju-Ju Monkey not only has an amazing selection of products that you can feel good about purchasing for your family, but they have wonderful customer service and are so easy to chat with!


Ju-Ju Monkey sent me two Hemp Babies Flat Weeds Diapers and a Hemp Babies Bigger Weeds Diaper for the Flats and Handwashing Challenge. Before the Flats and Handwashing Challenge, I didn't know much about flats. I didn't know the different brand names or what materials they were made from or anything else about them for that matter! Even though prior to the Challenge, I had used hemp inserts in little man's night-time and nap-time diapers, I had never heard of the Hemp Babies brand before. I learned that the  Hemp Babies line was designed by Jenn Labit of Cotton Babies, Inc., and they are sewn by women in the USA! I love supporting products that are made here in the USA! I was so excited to try them out when Ju-Ju Monkey sent them to me! Hemp Babies Flat Weeds measure at 27"x27" and are a  hemp jersey square made from 55% Hemp and 45% Certified Organic Cotton. I love this combo! I love that Hemp Babies uses organic cotton and the addition of hemp made these flats super-duper absorbent! 

Thin and trim, but it sure can do the job!
The material felt thin, but once you use it, you find out that it really packs a punch! The Hemp Babies Flat Weeds Diapers were easy to prep and there was about and inch (maybe less) of shrinkage when I boiled them. They also washed up very well each and every time during the Challenge and I didn't have any trouble with stains. They dried very quickly outside, which surprised me. I thought that since they were hemp flats that they would hold onto the water more and take longer to dry. They were a little stiff, but nothing noticeable and nothing that a bit of shaking out didn't cure! 

Overall, I loved the Hemp Babies Flat Weeds Diapers! They did an excellent job keeping little man dry and I particularly loved to use them when we were going out for the afternoon or for nap times. I never had a leak while I was using them and was repeatedly surprised by the amount of liquid that they could hold. Since the Challenge has ended, I no longer wash them by hand :) but I still use them. I love to stuff them in a pocket diaper or use them with a cover. I particularly like using the pad fold with the Hemp Babies Flat Weeds Diapers. For a nap, trip to the park or when we go shopping, I love using a Flip cover, Flip stay-dry insert and then a Hemp Babies Flat Weeds Diaper pad folded underneath. It is awesome! 
The Diaper Bag Fold!

Since during the Flats and Handwashing Challenge, I could only use the two Hemp Babies Flat Weeds Diapers, I spent some time after the challenge using the Hemp Babies Bigger Weeds Diaper on little man and getting a feel for how it worked. Hemp Babies Bigger Weeds Diaper have 2 layers and are made of 55% Hemp and 45% Organic Cotton. The 2 layers give the Hemp Babies Bigger Weeds 8 times the absorbency of cotton! These are definitely for the heavy wetter in your life! The Hemp Babies Bigger Weeds Diaper is very easy to use as a prefold with a cover. Once I folded it, it fit well into all of the different covers that I used during the Challenge and I have found that I can also stuff it into my pocket diapers! Size-wise, it is the same width and two inches shorter than a fully-shrunk, premium-sized, Chinese Prefold diaper. Once mine was prepped, it was approx. 17.5"x19.5". I have used this diaper a lot since the Challenge ended. It is incredibly soft and cozy feeling (I wish I could have a blanket made of it!) and it is a very reliable prefold. I have used it overnight with no leaks! Now, little man is a pretty heavy wetter, especially in the front since he is a stomach sleeper. I put him to bed with the Hemp Babies Bigger Weeds Diaper folded in thirds and a Flip stay-dry insert over the top of it and I put a Thirsties cover on him. I was sure that he would wake up soaked in the middle of the night or be drenched by morning. But nope! He was happy and dry in the morning! Yay! 

Soooo soft! (and absorbent too!)

Both the Hemp Babies Flat Weeds Diapers and the Hemp Babies Bigger Weeds Diaper are wonderful diapers. They are made here in the USA, they are made with organic cotton and they are soft and absorbent! I know that I will definitely be getting more Hemp Babies! I think that they would be really handy to have when you have a newborn - they are super adjustable of fit and they very absorbent! The Flat Weeds Diapers were very easy to fashion into the different folds and they both washed up very well. I would highly recommend either of these diapers - whether you are looking to ass flats and prefolds to your stash or you are just starting out with a newborn and wanting to cloth diaper!


Interested in buying some Hemp Babies Flat Weeds Diapers and the Hemp Babies Bigger Weeds Diapers (or any other cloth diapering/natural items for that matter) from Ju-Ju Monkey? You can buy Hemp Babies Flat Weeds Diapers for $7.50 each and the Hemp Babies Bigger Weeds Diapers for $7.49 each. There are plenty of other wonderful items that Ju-Ju Monkey carries as well and you can take a look at them all HERE.

You can also connect with Ju-Ju Money on Facebook and Twitter!

Special thanks to Ju-Ju Monkey for sponsoring me during the Flats and Handwashing Challenge! The items were sent to me free of charge for review and has not influenced my opinion of the product. I have sought to give my honest opinions and experiences on this product. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Thank you again to Ju-Ju Monkey for sponsoring me during the Flats and Handwashing Challenge!



1 comment:

  1. "whether you are looking to ass flats and prefolds to your stash" maybe this should say add? lol

    ReplyDelete