Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Flats and Handwashing Challenge: Sponsor Spotlight - Zookies


During the Flats and Handwashing Challenge, I was very lucky to have some amazing sponsors. One of my wonderful sponsors, Zookies, sent me an awesome large diaper cover to help me with the Flats and Handwashing Challenge! Zookies are a family owned and operated store and they handcraft diaper covers, chenille bibs, burp cloths, wipes and more!

Zookies diaper covers are waterproof and they are available in four sizes - extra small, small, medium, and large. The XS has a 13" rise and fits a baby 7-10lbs, the Small has a 15" rise and fits a baby that is 10-15lbs, the Medium has a 17" rise and fits a 15-25lb baby and the Large has a 19" rise and will fit a 25+lb bayby.  Zookies has also created a one size option as well and most prints that you see for the sized diapers are available for the one size as well. The one size diaper has a 13-19" rise and will fit a 10-35lb baby! The inner layer of the covers are made of waterproof PUL and the outer layer is 100% cotton. You can also choose to have your cover made with either snaps or hook and loop!
Close up of the snaps on the front

I chatted with Michelle about the Flats and Handwashing Challenge and told her two of my favorite prints and she sent me the Hoopla Dots Diaper Cover in a Large. I love it! It is such an awesome and fun boy print! 
The front of the Zookies cover
The back of the cover
The inside PUL

This Zookies diaper cover can be used over any flat, prefold or fitted cloth diaper. It can also be used alone as a swim diaper! I used it over all of my different flats during the Flats and Handwashing Challenge and it worked great! My Zookies cover didn't leak once during the Challenge! 



The cover fit little man really well, with room to grow, so this cover will last us a really long time. Little man is about 27lbs right now, so I chose a Large diaper. The cover fit over all of the different folds - everything from a single layer flat to an ultra-padded nap-time diaper! I felt that since the cover is a little roomy on little man still, it was an excellent choice for the doubled up nap-time diapers. It could contain even the thickest bamboo terry flat and hemp flat combo that I created!

My Zookies cover with a bamboo/terry flat and a hemp flat pad folded!
Ready for nap-time!
Little man looked like a little sumo wrestler, but the Zookies cover kept it contained! I was worried that since the leg area didn't have a double gusset feature, that I might experience some leaking (mainly at nap time), but I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had no such troubles with the Zookies cover during the entire week of the Challenge! My Zookies cover was definitely my go-to diaper cover for nap-times! It was really a workhorse diaper cover and it's super cute too! 

Close up of the leg area
Great fit around the legs!
So cute and fluffy!
When it came to the hand-washing portion, I was interested to see how the Zookies cover would do, since the outer fabric is 100% cotton. Well, I am happy to say that not only did it wash up well, but the fabric didn't wrinkle and it dried very quickly, even inside overnight! 


Swish, swish! My Zookies cover was taking a bath!
My Zookies cover dried perfectly overnight!

I am a huge fan of Zookies covers! I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a diaper cover - whether you are using it as a cover for flats, prefolds or fitteds! I love that it can also double as a swim diaper, what a great bonus! Zookies covers are made with exceptional quality and the fabric choices are so fun, vibrant and colorful! What a great way to liven up your stash of covers! Not only are they affordable, but you can feel great about supporting a family who makes exceptional handmade diaper covers and more!


I was perusing through the Zookies Etsy shop at some of the Sold diaper covers and other goodies and I found this adorable hedgehog diaper!!! AHHH! *Be still my heart* She also had sold a super cute snack bag! How perfect for The Little Hedgehog...I will definitely be asking Michele if she has any more of this fabric!

What is your favorite Zookies Diaper Cover?

 
Interested in getting a Zookies Diaper Cover or another fun goody for your little one? You can shop for Zookies of their Website or their Etsy Shop! XS Diaper covers are $10 and Small, Medium and Large Diaper Covers range from $13-15. One size diapers are $17.00. You can even have Zookies take your favorite fabric and make it into a diaper cover -  Sized covers are $9.50 plus shipping and one size are $11.50 plus shipping. 

You can also connect with Zookies on Facebook
 
Special thanks to Zookies for sponsoring me with a Large Diaper Cover to use for the Flats and Handwashing Challenge! The item was sent to me free of charge for review and has not influenced my opinion of the product. I have sought to give my honest opinions and experiences on this product. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Thank you again to Zookies for sponsoring me during the Flats and Handwashing Challenge!
 

1 comment:

  1. Those covers are very cute and well done for doing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete