Monday, June 6, 2011

The Flats and Handwashing Challenge: Sponsor Spotlight - Zabi Baby

During the Flats and Handwashing Challenge, I was very lucky to have some amazing sponsors. One of my wonderful sponsors, Zabi Baby, sent me an awesome Zabi Baby Bamboo Flat Diaper and a Snappi to help me with the Flats and Handwashing Challenge! 

Zabi Baby is a small, independent store dedicated to selling beautiful, hand-crafted cloth diapers and covers that behave good with the earth and your baby's skin!

Glorimar is the wonderful woman and mom behind Zabi Baby and she is such a pleasure to chat with! Glorimar sent me a Zabi Baby Bamboo Flat Diaper a Snappi to use for the Challenge. The Bamboo flat diapers are very unique, not only because of the awesome bamboo/terry material, but also because they are custom made just for you when you place your order! You get to choose your stitching thread from a beautiful selection of colors.
 
Ooooh... What's your favorite color?
All of the colors are so beautiful...it made it hard to choose! With hubby's help, I chose Blue Water Ice and I think that it is just  perfect!  


Close up of the stitching

One really great thing is that the Zabi Baby Bamboo Flats are already prepped when they get to you! How wonderful is that! Glorimar preps the fabrics prior to cutting to avoid further shrinking but, she does recommend that you wash the flat just like any other new diaper you would buy. You just don't have to spend all that time over a boiling pot of water!

The Zabi Baby Bamboo Flat Diapers are made with double-sided viscose from bamboo terry, which make them super absorbent, trim and they have the perfect amount of stretch! I loved the feel of the bamboo terry - so soft and cozy against little man's skin! It felt like I was wrapping him in a little terry dream! The strechy-ness to the bamboo material was so great for getting the wings of the folds wrapped around little man. I felt that when I was using this diaper, I got an excellent and very snug fit around his waist. And absorbent? Oh my goodness...they're not kidding! That flat diaper can hold A LOT! It was definitely my favorite flat to use during the Challenge, especially at nap time. I knew that no matter how much little man had had to drink, the Zabi Baby Bamboo Flat Diaper would soak it up. I loved this flat so much that I would sometimes wash it twice a day, just so I would be able to use it more!   


Doesn't that just look so soft and cozy!
Washing my Zabi Baby Bamboo Flat was very easy too. It was a great material to work with for swishing around in the soapy water and the texture of the bamboo terry was great for scrubbing against itself to get it super clean. It rinsed clean very quickly and I didn't feel like it held onto the detergent at all. The only thing that I did notice was that when it was wet, it was a lot heavier than my other flats! It wasn't a bad thing, it was simply because the material used on the Zabi Baby flat is much weightier.It definitely gave me a good feel for how much liquid it could hold too!

Scrub a dub-dub! My Zabi Baby is in the tub!
Drying time was comparable to my other cotton and hemp flats. It did take a little longer for the Zabi Baby flat to dry - I noticed more of a difference when I dried them on my drying rack inside at night and less of a difference when they were all dried outside in the sunshine . Again, I think that the drying times varied simply because of the difference in material. 

Overall, I love, love, LOVED the Zabi Baby Bamboo Flat Diapers! I really can't say enough good things about this flat. It was so user friendly, it was soft, uber-absorbent, perfect for day-time or nap-time, road trips, errands or just around the house. It was a breeze to clean and I just wanted to use this diaper all the time! 

Glorimar had also sent me a Snappi to use for the Challenge! I was really excited to give it a try, because I had never used one before and it looked so cool and innovative! Well, I mean, I had never used a flat diaper before or hand-washed anything...so the whole process was new to me, haha! The Snappi is a pin-less diaper fastener that you can use instead of diaper pins. It is slightly stretchy and is made from a non-toxic material. It is T-shaped and has grips on each end that hook into the diaper fabric for a snug fit. 

The directions for how to use a Snappi seem simple enough:


Well, for some odd reason, I seemed to struggle with the Snappi! My first few attempts with it left something to be desired. It did stay (those teeth really do grip the diapers!) but I just wasn't "feeling" the Snappi love. Hubby on the other hand was in awe of the Snappi. He thought it was the greatest invention in all of the cloth diapering world. Sometimes I think he would change little man's diaper just so he could re-apply the Snappi. :) 

Hubby putting a Snappi on our Zabi baby flat!
I did eventually feel more confident using the Snappi and by the last two days of the Challenge, I was much quicker at fastening the Snappi to the flats! Yay! The Zabi Baby Bamboo Flat Diaper worked great with the Snappi. It was probably my favorite diaper to pair with the Snappi. The material was excellent for the hooks to really get a good grip on and the strechy-ness of the bamboo flat and the Snappi seemed to really compliment each other. So, by the end of the Challenge, I was definitely a Snappi convert and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to invest in flats or prefolds for their little one!

I really loved getting to experience a Zabi Baby Bamboo Flat Diaper, it was such a treat to use! It is a wonderful flat and I would definitely recommend this diaper to anyone who is looking to start cloth diapering with flats or add to their cloth diaper stash! I would also recommend getting a Snappi - once you get the hang of it, it really is easy to use and you don't have to worry about accidentally pinning your baby! Glorimar was so easy to talk to and so helpful - I highly recommend shopping from her at Zabi Baby or even just chatting with her if you have any questions.

Interested in getting some Zabi Baby Bamboo Flat Diapers, a Snappi or maybe one of the Limited Edition Zabi Baby Bamboo Prefolds with the NEW Zabi Baby logo on it? You can shop for Zabi Baby on their Website

The Zabi Baby Bamboo Flats Diapers come in two different sizes:
24"x24"  - $11.25 per flat diaper
26"x26"  - $12.25 per flat diaper
*(Yes, these diapers are individually more expensive that some cotton flats, but I think that they are totally worth it. Even if you can only afford to add one of two to your cloth diaper stash, you will be so happy you did!)
A Snappi is $3.95 for a Single in Size 1

You can also connect with Zabi Baby on Facebook!
 
Special thanks to Zaby Baby for sponsoring me with a Zabi Baby Bamboo Flat Diaper and a Snappi to use for the Flats and Handwashing Challenge! The items were sent to me free of charge for review and has not influenced my opinion of the product. I have sought to give my honest opinions and experiences on this product. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Thank you again to Zaby Baby for sponsoring me during the Flats and Handwashing Challenge!




2 comments:

  1. me encanta los flat súper cómodos y frescos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encantan!!! Suavecitos, cómodos, absorventes y bellos!

    ReplyDelete