Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Flats and Handwashing Challenge: Sponsor Spotlight - Swaddlebees

 

During the Flats and Handwashing Challenge, I was very lucky to have some wonderful sponsors. My biggest sponsor was Swaddlebees who sent me two dozen flats to help me with the Flats and Handwashing Challenge!


Swaddlebees sent me two packages of Unbleached Flats, one package of Bleached Blue Printed Flats and one package of Bleached Orange Printed Flats. Each package has 6 diapers in it. The Swaddlebees flats are 100% cotton birdseye and measure approx. 31.5" x 31.5" before they are prepped. 

Before being prepped - approx 32" x 32"

After they were prepped, they shrunk to about 29.5" x 30.25" and there was some fading of the prints. (Swaddlebees does mention that fading is normal) I felt like the orange dot print faded more than any of the others and none of the others seemed to have much noticeable fading. 

After being prepped
Once the diapers were prepped, I felt like the bleached became more absorbent more quickly. The Unbleached became more absorbent the more that they were hand washed. I also let them soak for a bit every time I went to wash them in the tub and I think that letting them soak with some detergent at every wash helped increase the absorbancy. After they were all prepped, they were pretty soft and really easy to work with when I was doing different folds. They worked great with the Snappi and with pins.
A close up of an Unbleached Flat
I really enjoyed using the Swaddlebees Flats during the Flats and Handwashing Challenge. The were a great size for all the folds that I tried. I had been worried that they might not be big enough for an 18 month old boy, but they were plenty big enough to give me some flexibility with the different folds. I also loved the print colors and little man was really loved the elephants (little man is a big fan of elephants right now). Another thing that I really loved was how quickly they dried when I hung them outside! The Swaddlebees were absorbent and they worked well around the house or doubled up when we went to go run errands. I am so glad that I got the chance to use Swaddlebees flats for the Challenge! Swaddlebees flats definitely helped make this Challenge a success for me and I am looking forward to continuing to use them on little man and any future little ones! Thank you Swaddlebees!

Using a Swaddlebees Flat for a pad fold - so trim!
 
Interested in buying some Swaddlebees flats to use on your little one? They are perfect for newborn all the way through the potty learning stage! You can buy Swadlebees flats for $15.95 for a package of 6 directly from their website HERE. Which is your favorite color? Or do you prefer Unbleached?

You can also connect with Swaddlebees on Facebook!
Special thanks to Swaddlebees for sponsoring me with two dozen flats to use for the Flats and Handwashing Challenge! The items were sent to me free of charge for review and has not influenced my opinion of the product. I have sought to give my honest opinions and experiences on this product. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Thank you again to Swaddlebees for sponsoring me during the Flats and Handwashing Challenge!











2 comments:

  1. thank you! now that summer is here, I am going to put away the prefolds (I think?) and keep the flats out. summer = hand-washing to save money and to take advantage of the awesome sun! I need more flats since we only have about 6 receiving blankets that I use. This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try swaddlebees flats- I think I can get the hang of it if I try! Cute blog, love the posts =)

    ReplyDelete