Thursday, September 13, 2012

My Pregnancy Journal: 29 Weeks

Happenings of the Harper Household

I've been linking up with the “My Pregnancy Journal” meme over at Happenings of the Harper Household. She has since had her little girl (Yay!), but I still wanted to continue to keep a pregnancy journal. I'm excited to keep  sharing and journaling some of my weekly symptoms and photographing my growing belly!


  29 Weeks!

 
This week, baby boy is measuring about 15.2 to 16.7 inches long and weighs about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds. He still has a bit of weight to gain and should just about triple his weight before birth! His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, as is his head, which is getting bigger and bigger to make room for his growing brain! His skeleton is hardening as well and our little guy is needing even more calcium because of it. Little boy is not only moving and kicking, but he is plumping up too. He is probably starting to get a bit cramped, which is probably why I can feel him rolling and jabbing so well! As my belly is growing to make room for our little guy, my skin is stretching, making for an itchy belly! Also, as baby boy is growing he will continue to put pressure on my digestive system, which can lead to pelvic pain and also make me have to go to the bathroom more often!   
 
 About me & baby boy this week….
Symptoms:  I have been really hungry lately! I eat smaller meals, since I also get full really quickly. But, some days, I feel like I am almost constantly hungry! I still am dealing with an achey back, but I feel like it is at least manageable with baths. Baby boy is as active as ever, especially in the evenings! Also, it seems like baby boy is filling up as much space as he possibly can! It seems like I couldn't possible get any bigger...but I know that's not the case! I personally think it looks like my baby bump has really "popped" out too! On that note, my belly button is starting to, err... go away. It is getting flatter and I'm sure it's only a matter of weeks before it's non-existent! With little man, my belly button went flat towards the end. It never popped out, but it was definitely flat! I was also just telling hubby that I was surprised that the linea negra (the black line that runs down your belly) hadn't shown up yet. (With little man it ran from the top of my belly to the bottom) When lo and behold, this morning, I noticed a faint dark line starting to appear. I guess it's coming back! With little man it lasted for 6 months or longer after he had been born too! It seemed to take forever to go away! Braxton hicks contractions seemed to also amp up this week - I guess my muscles are getting serious about preparing for birth! 

Weight Gain: I am up to 154.8lbs. - not much of a difference this week, only up .4lbs. 

Cravings: The other day, I suddenly exclaimed that nachos sounded really good. Of course, I wanted them to be healthy nachos with real cheese. Velveeta sounds gross, but the idea of melted cheese over chips sounds super yummy! I'm not sure where that craving came from though, since I can't remember the last time I have eaten nachos! (I haven't succumbed to my craving, because unless I make nachos, I doubt that healthy nachos exist.) 

Food Aversions: No real food aversions, but I just feel like I can't eat very big meals. I get full quickly and then super hungry again (usually within 2 hours).
 
What made me cry this week:  Nothin' honey!

Medical Stuff: I got the results back from my gestational diabetes test - I got 5 stars! No diabetes, not even a hint of anemia and my midwife was so excited when she called, saying that my results were some of the healthiest that they had seen in awhile! Yay! that brightened up my day! If I had to have blood work done, at least I passed with flying colors! Other than that, there's not much going on. I only have one more appointment that is 4 weeks from now, then after my next appointment (at 32 weeks), I start seeing my midwife every 2 weeks! I feel like my due date is approaching so quickly! I almost feel like I'm going to blink and the baby will be here! Hopefully I will get the new nursery decorated before he gets here! Although, he will be sleeping in our room, so I doubt he'll complain if the room isn't completely decorated. ;)

Thoughts from little man:  Little man hasn't talked a whole lot about his little brother lately. He just smiles shyly when someone asks him about his brother and remains quiet. 

Something I am excited about: I really want to get started on decorating the nursery! We chose yellow, gray and white for his room colors! Pinterest has become my best friend for ideas and I am excited to create some of the ideas in the nursery!


5 comments:

  1. Yellow, gray and white are what we are doing my daughter's room in too! Technically the baby won't be getting a nursery so my almost 2 year old will be moving out of the "nursery" and into her room...so her room to be is what I get to decorate this time. Although I might decorate the "nursery" a bit...it's this huge walk in closet that really should have been converted into another bathroom in my opinion...but it's huge and it's connected to our bedroom by french doors so it makes for a great transition room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you picked for your nursery! You look great-so exciting! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittany- your "nursery" sounds awesome! I would love to have a room like that attached to our bedroom. How fun that you are doing a yellow, gray and white room too! :D I know our little guy won't be sleeping in there for awhile, but it's just so fun to decorate! I'm hoping my mom can help me with some sewing projects I've found on Pinterest...since I can't sew and she is fantastic at sewing!

    ReplyDelete