Saturday, April 27, 2013

We Did It! Setting a World Record at The Great Cloth Diaper Change! #GCDC2013


Last Saturday, on April 20th, little Riley and I got a chance to take part in The Great Cloth Diaper Change! Hubby and little Michael joined us, to cheer us on and take pictures! We attended the event at Babies in Bloom in Vista, CA. This was the same place that little Michael and I did The Great Cloth Diaper Change in 2011! It was so much fun to go back to the same place and take part in setting a world record for a second time!

We got there a bit early and I got a chance to chat with some of the other moms and as I checked in, I got a great goody bag that was packed with fun cloth diapering samples, babylegs, reusable snack bags, a snappi, and a cloth diaper cover! We all got to go into the store about 20 minutes before the event and I ended up sitting next to a mom whose little boy was born on the same day as little Riley! Small world!

Hubby and Little Michael were watching me from outside


The lovely folks at Babies in Bloom did a few raffle giveaways and then took some pictures of us all holding up the clean diaper that we would be changing our little ones into. Then we had a countdown and the change began! I changed little Riley out of a bumGenius 4.0 in Moonbeam and into a bumGenius Artist Series: Tiny Socialite Collection by Chelsea Perry in the Eiffel Tower print. I paired that with a "Cloth Rocks" shirt by Kim Rosas over at Dirty Diaper Laundry. He looked so cute!


The totals from the event have come in too! It looks like there were 181 locations that submitted ttheir results to Guinness, setting a NEW world record of 8,331 babies changed into cloth diapers at one time! There are still some unofficial results from other locations coming in and the the current unofficial total (including from events that didn't qualify per the stringent Guinesss regulations) is 10,029! Guinness should confirm the record within the next week or so. Wow! That is a lot of babies!
 

I am so glad that we got the chance to take part in this event! It is such a fun way to raise awareness about cloth diapers and set a world record!


2 comments:

  1. How awesome! Oddly this year there was NO location near me...and I live in such a pro cloth diaper area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Brittany - that's so odd that there weren't any locations near you! I was actually surprised that the closest one to me was over 30 miles away. Maybe next year there will be one closer to you. :)

    ReplyDelete