Saturday, April 6, 2013

4 Months Old!

My-oh-my! Little Riley turned 4 months old on March 27th! I still have visions of him as a newborn and am both amazed at how quickly he is growing and a little sad that time has to keep moving forward at such a rapid pace. I am so happy that I feel like I have soaked in these 4 months.


Riley is our smiley little guy! He is so happy! He usually has a ready smile or even a laugh for whatever silly face you make at him. Michael absolutely loves his little brother! He loves talking to him in a sing-song-y voice and giving him kisses. Riley has just recently discovered the hilarity of raspberries on his belly ...and Michael has discovered how fun it is to give them! He is so loved.


Riley is discovering new things daily. It is so fun to watch! He has recently started grabbing his left foot and kind of rolling from side to side ...while I try to change his diaper. Our little Riley man is also teething (poor guy)! He is fascinated with his new found ability to grab onto things and manipulate them in his hands. Most of the time, they end up in his mouth, because, hey, they might be good on the gums! One of his favorite things to do is to pop his pacifier in and out of his mouth. He also is a big fan of gnawing on the rubbery side of his pacifier.


He still spits up after nursing. I'm not sure if it because he is eating too much or I'm not burping him enough during feedings, but hopefully he will outgrow it soon! On a positive note, Riley is still exclusively breastfeeding!!! Hooray! I am so happy that it is going well. All I can say, is that I am so thankful for determination, a hungry little boy and Motherlove's More Milk Plus! (This is huge for me because I ended up supplementing with little Michael by 1 month and he was done nursing at 6 months - it broke my little heart)


He's still not "sleeping through the night" and that's ok with me. He usually wakes up every 1 to 2 hours to be nursed back to sleep. On rare occasions, I get a 4 hour stretch and those are awesome! Thank goodness for our co-sleeper that is attached to the side of our bed - it really does make things easier. Then, on nights where he seems to be waking every.20.minutes, I pull him into bed with me, he lays in the crook of my arm, he can nurse whenever he likes and we both sleep. He's what I call a nursing "snacker". I love watching him sleep (I love watching both boys sleep, actually). Their faces are so peaceful and serene - it's just beautiful. Sometimes, I just want to scoop them up to hug and squeeze them while they sleep and tell them how much I love them. Then, I restrain myself - they're sleeping! Leave them be! Haha!  

4 months to learn about the ins and outs of our newest little man. I am so thankful for each and every day with our little Riley. I love you Riley!




2 comments:

  1. He's a cute boy! It's great you two are still breastfeeding :) I wouldn't worry much about spitting up... babies just do that. My second spits up much more than my first did but she is growing fine and that is what matters. I don't think it really matters whether a burp comes out or not and don't worry about over-feeding... I'm sure he lets you know when he's done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable!! I can't believe how grown up she looks!

    ReplyDelete