Thursday, February 10, 2011

Green Toys Review - Good Green Fun!

  
I really try to seek out things for our home and things for little man that are eco-friendly, "green", free from icky chemicals/dyes/BPA's/phthalates/lead paint...you know, "that" stuff that you can find on just about every shelf at every big name store. I just love the feeling when I know that little man is playing with a toy that I don't have to worry about the long term affect will be from him chewing and gnawing on every surface of it. I love to support companies that make their products here in the USA and I like knowing that these same toys will not only foster little man's imagination, but stand up to his "boy-ish" ways of play. So, I get pretty excited when I find something that is good for the environment, safe, sturdy ...oh yeah, and fun! Green Toys has made my day!

Green Toys Inc. makes an awesome line of classic children’s toys constructed from recycled plastic and other environmentally friendly materials. This helps reduce fossil fuel use and reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improving the overall health and happiness of the planet.
Green Toys actually makes all of their toys from recycled milk containers! How awesome is that! It's kinda cool to think that my milk container can "grow up" to become part of someones toy! All Green Toys products are also 100% made in the USA. (Yay!) They are actually produced in California - now that makes my little Southern California heart oh-so-happy! I mean, it makes me want to see if I could go visit to see where Green Toys are actually made. It's so cool to think that a Green Toy that I buy for little man is made right here in California! The whole process, from milk container recycling to toy production to final assembly, occurs in my home state!

Now, the packaging that Green Toys comes in is created with as much thought and care as the toys that are in them. 
All Green Toys products are packaged in recycled corrugated boxes with no plastics, cellophane or twist-ties, and are 100% recyclable. So, not only are they earth-friendly and ready for your recycling bin, they are really easy to open for those little fingers just itching to get at the toys!!
It was so easy to open the box! It was a breath of fresh air to not have to undo a million twisty ties or zip ties or rip and tear and claw my way towards the goal of a toy.
On the safety front, Green Toys are free of Phthalates and BPA. They are also designed without any external coatings, so you don't have to worry about any lead paint on your children's toys.


Little man couldn't even wait for me to open the boxes! As soon as I set them down, he was all over them!
 

Green Toys sent little man and I the Stacker to review. When I received my package from them (mighty fast shipping I should add!) I was surprised to see that they had also included one of the brand new red Race Cars! It is so much fun to play with! (yes, I play with it too) It is so cute and lightweight, it really "zooms" about on the carpet. Right now, little man's favorite game is to have me chase him in circles with the race car, while I am making "vroom-vroom" and "beep-beep" noises while I drive the car around and around! He just squeals in delight! (This continues until I get dizzy!)
Beep...Beep! Zooooom!
 Like their other toys, it does not have any BPA, PVC, phthalates, or external coatings. It is designed for children ages 1 and up, has no metal axles and is available in red, blue, or pink.
I love that is has the #2 recycled plastic symbol on its hood!



The Green Toys Stacker is little man's favorite so far! It is appropriate for children 6 months and up and he just has a ball stacking the eight nesting pieces - he tries to stack them both upwards from big to small and in reverse, starting with the small one and tyring to stack the bigger ones on top. It is so cute to watch him! He also has put in some serious teething time on the stacker! I have to say that it is one sturdy little toy! I haven't even seen one set of teeth marks! I love knowing that it is a safe toy for him to throw all about and chew on since it doesn't have a center post, it is free of BPA, PVC, phthalates, and external coatings! Yay for "Good Green Fun!" 

Yummm... So much fun to chew on!

Green Toys are truly awesome and fun toys. They are sturdy, well put together and Green Toys has paid great attention to all the little details. They are all toys that spark creative and imaginative play, yet can withstand the rough-and-tumble play of kiddos! I really am impressed with Green Toys as a company and what they stand for. Green Toys is definitely a household favorite! I love our Green Toys and I can't wait to get some more for little man to play with! 
 I'm eye-balling the Dump Truck and the Sand play set for him next!

...Oh! And I think little man needs a Tugboat for bath-time too! 




 Green Toys also has a new line called Green Eats, which is a line of eco-friendly tableware for kids. They are ultra-safe and they are all melamine-free, BPA-free, phthalate-free, PVC-free and have no external coatings. They also come in super fun and cheerful colors!

Want to add to your little one's green toy collection? You can check out their collection to see what would suit your little one's fancy! You can shop for Green Toys products from their website or check out their list of retailers that carry Green Toys!

You can also check out Green Toys on Facebook and Twitter as well as sign up for their email updates if you would like to stay in the Green Toys "loop".

Happy Green Toy Shopping! I would love to hear what your favorites are!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! what a cute baby. I must say these Eco-friendly toys are really great for kids, I am sure they will enjoy it and also it is safe for them to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teddy bears make great gifts for people of all ages, and there's a huge range available. What are some of the more famous characters you can buy? most famous teddy bears

    ReplyDelete